CVD Summer School: Understanding the ABC
This course is ideal for members of the primary care nursing team, health and wellbeing teams, student healthcare professionals and others seeking to understand the ‘ABC’ of cardiovascular disease prevention. Getting to grips with the mechanisms and risks of atrial fibrillation, high blood pressure and high cholesterol, how these are diagnosed, and the principles of treatment will really help individuals to understand why this is so important and how they can help to reduce the burden of CVD.
- The burden of CVD: national perspective and ABC ambitions
- Understanding atrial fibrillation, blood pressure & cholesterol
- What is the impact of these and how do we identify those at risk?
- Diagnosis of atrial fibrillation, high blood pressure & high cholesterol
- Principles of risk management
- Clinical case scenarios
- Application in practice
- To be familiar with the pathophysiology of atrial fibrillation, blood pressure and & cholesterol
- To appreciate the importance of prompt diagnosis and initiation of treatment strategies for atrial fibrillation, high blood pressure and high cholesterol
- To be familiar with diagnostic pathways, including gold standard blood pressure measurement and ambulatory monitoring; basic ECG skills and lipid profiles
- To recognise the importance of detecting and treating familiar hypercholesterolaemia
- To get to grips with evidence-based treatments, how they work and their position in the ABC of cardiovascular prevention
- Individuals can purchase tickets at the bottom of the page
- Organisations can pay by invoice by completing the form HERE
- Zoom details will be sent from email@example.com
- Bespoke training can be commissioned by organisations
22nd August 2023
1pm – 4pm
The cost of this course is inclusive of 20% VAT
Course delivery: ONLINE
CPD: 3 hours
Certificates of participation are available to all attendees on submission of evaluation and handouts for each course are available for future reference via the MedAll platform.
Using your NHS email to register with MedAll will expedite verification which will allow you unlimited access to your certificate and reflective notes for CPD and revalidation. If you have a different email provider or are new to MedAll, click here for a helpful guide on registration and verification.
Meet the trainers