Welcome to the GPN Student Nurse Network
The GPN SNN supports the delivery of the General Practice Nursing 10 Point Plan with funding from NHS England.
Launched in October 2018, the GPN Student Nurse Network aims to:
- Celebrate and raise the profile of general practice nursing.
- Promote general practice as a placement within the student community.
- Promote general practice nursing as a preferred career choice to other students and the wider nursing community.
How will we do it?
- Attending conferences and meetings on behalf of the GPN SNN to promote General Practice.
- Lead the vision through social media by engaging student nurses and building positive perceptions of a career in primary care.
- Engaging in the wider perceptions of nursing and midwifery programme and contribute to the atlas of shared learning as part of Leading Change, Adding Value; a framework for nursing, midwifery and care staff.
What will GPN SNN members do?
- Be part of a small team, 3-4 members per region.
- Be remunerated for attendance at meetings and receive agreed travel expenses.
- Be active for a term of 18 months, with the option to reapply after this time.
Interested? Become an ambassador!
If you are a student nurse who:
- Has already had at least a 6 week placement in primary care and may have requested repeat placement in primary care
- Is a first year newly qualified nurse working in primary care,
Questions, comments or requests for more information (including media or interview queries)? Please contact Sarah O’Donnell, GPN SNN lead, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter! @GPNSNN