Bath & North East Somerset
The NHS Long Term Plan identifies cardiovascular disease (CVD) as a clinical priority and the single biggest condition where lives can be saved by the NHS over the next 10 years. Following the disruption by COVID-19, we now have much to do to improve the detection and management of atrial fibrillation, blood pressure and cholesterol (ABCs). This pandemic has had a huge impact on many services and shone a spotlight on inequalities.
NHS Health Check
Michaela Nuttall RGN MSc
Full Day Course: 9.30am – 4.30pm
Wednesday 17th August 2022
Thursday 15th September 2022
Tuesday 23rd August 2022
Wednesday 12th October 2022
Understand how the NHS Health Check uses key indicators to assess an individual’s risk of cardiovascular disease by being able to
meet the following assessment criteria:
- State why NHS Health Checks are important.
- Identify non-modifiable risk factors for cardiovascular disease.
- Identifymodifiablerisk factorsforcardiovasculardisease.
- Know the NHS Health Check filters
- Understand the procedures for carrying out an NHS Health Check by being able to meet the following assessment criteria:
- Identify the legal, ethical and professional requirements for carrying out an NHS Health Check.
- State how an NHS Health Check should be conducted.
- Identify how an NHS Health Check can assess and interpret the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- State how the risk of cardiovascular disease and opportunities for reducing this risk may best be communicated
National & Local Guidance
- Competency Framework
- Call & Recall/ Invitations
- Risk factors and atheroma
- CVD Risk assessment
- Communication of CVD Risk
- Audit C and GPPAQ
- Familial Hypercholesterolaemia
- Atrial Fibrillation
Who should attend?
Anyone who delivers NHS Health Check including:
- Practice Nurses
- Nurse Practitioners
- Health Care Assistants
- Allied Healthcare Professionals
- Health Trainers
- Health Champions
- Healthy Lifestyle Professionals
Certificates of participation are available to all attendees on submission of evaluation and handouts for each course are available for future reference via the MedAll platform by using the links which will be posted after each event, please scroll down to view past events.
Using your NHS email to register with MedAll will expedite verification which will allow you unlimited access to your certificate and reflective notes for CPD and revalidation. New to MedAll? Click here for a helpful guide.