Community Nurse Ambassador Network
The CNAN supports the delivery of the National Community Nursing Plan with funding from NHS England.
Be part of the energizing, inspiring and professionally motivating Community Nursing Ambassador Network (CNAN). The network provides an opportunity to come together in a safe space to promote the unique work we do, sharing, supporting and celebrating our impact in the community with the vision to inspire others to join and develop within our profession.
Aim and mission!
To represent the diverse nursing roles in the community, being inclusive and celebrating the contribution we all make to nursing.
The core aims of CNAN are as follows:
- Change perceptions of community nursing: Dispelling myths, celebrate the diversity of roles articulating with pride what we do
- Connect: Sharing and learning from each other
- Help to reduce variation: Sharing of pathways to accelerate learning
- Attract: Student nurses and retention of newly qualified nurses
- Improve recognition: Increase in the complexity of patients
- Support career diversification: For nurses working in other areas of healthcare and return to practice
- Champion: Nursing in schools – NextGen Nurse
- Promote: Community Nursing career pathways
We aspire to have ambassadors from all areas of England – click here to meet our CNAN working party.
Having Courage to believe and trust in yourself
Caring for our colleagues as well as our patients
Compassion for challenges we face as a profession, and allowing a safe space to share
Open Communication to understand and support
A Commitment to positivity and engagement
Sharing best practice and supporting each other to ensure Competence
CNAN launched in 2021. We are passionate about celebrating the diverse role of community nursing by sharing with secondary school-aged children, inspiring the next generation of nurses.
Be part of the energizing, inspiring and professionally motivating CNAN. The network provides an opportunity to come together in a safe space to promote the unique work we do, sharing, supporting and celebrating our impact in the community with the vision to inspire others to join and develop within our profession.
- Passionate and enthusiastic and want to make a difference?
- Keen to promote the diversity and unique contribution of community nursing?
- Willing to share best practice?
- Then why not become a member of the Community Nurse Ambassador Network?
What will you get?
- Safe space for community nurses to share experiences, skills, pathways, resources, stories and learn together
- A way to stay connected with other CNAN nurses
- Monthly rolling programme
- Masterclasses and other learning and networking opportunities
- Opportunity to network: CNAN FutureNHS Collaboration Platform
- CNAN Social Drop-in events with a fun theme!
- Get involved in CNAN WhatsApp group
- Open invitation CNAN Working Party supporting developments
- Champion: Nursing in schools – NextGen Nurse workshops
The NextGen Nurse
The NextGen Nurse workshops aims to encourage and inspire young people year group 11 (15-16 year olds) to consider a career within the nursing profession and transform the perceptions of nursing. The virtual workshops provide a space for nurses to spread the word about the opportunities available for a career in nursing, introducing the four main fields of nursing, options of routes into nursing and myth bust any strange and wonderful myths young people may have about nursing such as the image of community nurses drinking tea, and provides a great platform to promote our amazing profession.
Who we are
Click here to find out more.
Be inspired and supported to share your amazing nursing stories and experience via differing platforms and encourage colleagues to join too and spread the CNAN word.
Share with schools why you became a nurse – be the next generations inspiration!